Sunday, June 20, 2010

Trying something new


Trying something new

Tomorrow I have to give a presentation on global warming. But since my system went out of kilter, so I could not study anything about it.



I am feeling very nervous because of it. However, I will keep on preparing the presentation and when I will feel that my nervousness is exacerbating, I will get back to you so that I can freshen up my mind.



You might have noticed that I have not provided the meanings of the aforementioned words and idioms. This is because a candid reader very thankfully pointed out that it is disturbing to read the meanings interlaced in the post, so I settled on furnishing them at the bottom of this post. Well, I am trying something new, and I wish that you will enjoy it.



Alternating between the presentation and this post is enjoyable!



Last night I planned that I will be up early in the morning so that I can give sufficient time to the presentation. Yes the same planning; but I had not slept properly since two nights so previous night I slept like a log - and now I am pacing well behind the time!



I am getting a presentiment that I won’t be able to give the presentation properly. This is partly because it is a graphical presentation to which I am very new. I am afraid I have to cut short this post to focus more on the presentation lest tomorrow I will be fishing in troubled waters!




    Words and idioms used above:

  • Out of kilter: in a state of not working well (dictionary.cambridge.org)


  • Exacerbate: verb To make something which is already bad worse (dictionary.cambridge.org)


  • Candid: adjective Honest and telling the truth, especially about something difficult or painful (dictionary.cambridge.org)


  • Interlace: verb To join different parts together to make a whole, especially by crossing one thing over another or fitting one part into another (dictionary.cambridge.org)


  • Sleep like a log and sleep like a baby: to sleep very soundly (thefreedictionary.com)


  • Presentiment noun [This word is formal]: A feeling that something, especially something unpleasant, is going to happen; a premonition (dictionary.cambridge.org)

  • Fish in troubled waters: Fig. to involve oneself in a difficult, confused, or dangerous situation, especially with a view to gaining an advantage (thefreedictionary.com)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this web site.
http://learningtips.eu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...