Saturday, October 25, 2008

English Learning

***

English Learning

Still if you have not found anything to write on, listen to the tone of your life it is demanding you to plunge yourself in any adventure.

Come on - buck up, folks! Before beginning with writing learn to live as this writing demands the best from you and snatches it out from you. Enjoy the life - see the beauty of it and pen it without any artificiality. Write what you really feel; don’t waste your brain in making it up.

Go on writing even if it is very difficult to keep going. People will mock at you, editors will reject your works. But Keep your pen darting, go ahead. Styling yourself progressive contrast the initial failures with the weapon of optimism and show you have a manly heart.

Words of the day

Outgun: v. To defeat (whether militarily or otherwise). Nazis, due to their excellent weapons were outgunning their opponents. Obama is outgunning McCain in several states.

Perilous: adj. Involving danger or full of danger. Reporting from a war zone is a perilous, yet an enjoyable task.

Ostrich: n. 1. A swift bird which cannot fly, the largest bird etc.. 2. A person who avoids difficult situation by not facing them. Prince Charles appeared an ostrich when he suggested the Brits to have organic food at the time when people are struggling to have Pot Noodle.

Idioms of the day

Verbal diarrhea: Someone who talks a lot. Children often have verbal diarrhea and thus make a sweet company.

Be in a spin: To be very confused an worried. It was joyful to see the girls of my college being in a spin as we were preparing for the picnic.

Be back on the rails (this is British): Restart to make progress. Life is all about bringing yourself back on the rails after every misfortunate stroke.

Combinations of words

Complexities of life: As we grow up, the complexities of life keep on unfolding which make us wiser and life becomes sweeter.

Fiery of temper: John, fiery of temper, went on shattering the blocks of his way into bits till he reached his goal.

Roundabout approach (roundabout = adj. Indirect): Teachers often tell that we shouldn’t have a roundabout approach for studies.

The class is over. Run!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear shadab, start begging.

Shadab Husain said...

Hi Friends:

On this blog a few people keep on sending out some discouraging comments and they think that I will be disheartened.

I won’t. That’s a promise. If you are a man try to deter me. Come on. I defy thee!

Why do you folks remain anonymous? Don’t you have the courage to give me an open challenge? Tell me, tell me you bloody rascals!

Once anybody complaint to blogger that I am posting inappropriate content and spreading virus. I really cannot understand that if you are a man why don’t you declare an open enmity with me?

Come out. Allow me to prove a harsh opponent. Do you have the courage to accept this challenge? Develop the ability of facing me openly.

My hobby is to reverse my hostilities!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shadab,

Do not get disheartened by the negative comments of people, as the people who are not able to do anything in their life pass these kind of comments. We like your work a lot, so never to loss your hope.

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Hey Shadab,

Great going man. Keep up the good work! And don't let some strays get to you.
Some of your posts are outstanding and extremely informative.

Here's a great quote for everyone...
In life, it is not the number of times that you fall that counts....
Its the number of times you pick yourself up and carry on that does.

Ciao

Shadab Husain said...

Hi Friends,

I am more happy than I can tell to read your encouraging comments!

I am very encouraged to find Mr Hasan Naqi - a new follower of my blog.

Welcome sir, I liked your comment very much. May God bless you!

I heartily wish well to the other anonymous person who left a very useful comment for me. Thank you very much for offering me your encouraging support. May God bless you!

I was not very happy in the way the blog was going on, because I was not sure if people are reading my posts. But now it is really very pleasant and lovely for me to find that people are coming here.

Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...