Friday, November 14, 2008

Free English Lesson

***

Free English Lesson

A curious secret of writing is that if you are plunged in any problem and write it down, you will find that your writing is communicating the solution of it to you. So if you have a problem to work on, I urge you to write it down and accept my beforehand congratulations as your writing will tell the solution of it to you. Try it out!

Words of the day

Hysteria: n. Behaviour showing excessive or uncontrollable emotions, such as fear and panic. It was hysteria all around the road as a powerful bomb went off.

Ringleader: n. A person who leads others, especially in illicit or informal activities. The ringleaders should be targeted to quickly wife off corruption.

Moron: n. A stupid person, a fool. Morons are puppets - only born to be controlled by corrupt people.

Idioms of the day

A faux pas: An embarrassing mistake made in public. Calling Africa a country, Sarah Palen made a faux pas.

Be as solid as a rock: To be very solid. My grandfather’s car has gone out of fashion, yet it is as solid as a rock.

A man of few words: a man who speaks only when it is necessary. An eminent person is a man of few words.

Combinations of words

Undying friendship: Meeting with you is lovely - I feel that it is a beginning of an undying friendship.

Abiding romance: Seeing the abiding romance between Paul and Marry - the whole college was happy.

Uncontrollable delight: As the Indian cricket team won the 20 20 tournament, the whole nation was in an uncontrollable delight.

Over with the class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Bhavesh Dhanak! Great and an awesome blog indeed! Today, I discovered, what I have been missing so far. I just peeped through this wonderful window, and saw the bright shining sky of powerful toolls, to improve my poor English! Thanks to my new English master, Mr Shadab! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

no. its the worst blgo i ever came through.

Anonymous said...

Are you in your sense, it is not the worst blog, you are the worst person. I believe Mr. Shadab is doing the great work and I really appreciate his work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...