Monday, September 29, 2008

Today's Idioms

***

Hi Folks - I’m happy that some of you appreciated my work, heartfelt thanks for that.

Today we will learn the usage of three new idioms, which not only look charming in writing and speaking - but show our mastery over the language. But before we get off with them, let me tell you that you have to use the things you learn here in order to stamp them in your mind. Right? And the best place for that is the comment box at the bottom of all the postings. Make the best use of it!

Today’s idioms:


1. A no-lose situation - (this is American): A situation in which whatever the results, you will be benefited. I’m writing a feature on the rural women, and even if the editor rejects it, I’ll get a deeper understanding of the subject - so am in a no-lose situation!

2. Go into a tailspin: To suddenly go worse. As Google came up with its excellent features, Yahoo went into a tailspin. Company goes into a tailspin when its key members don’t check cheating at lower level.

3. Be quick on the draw: To understand and react to things promptly. My interview went very good because I was quick on the draw answering well to each and every question posed to me.

Well, these were today’s idioms. How were they? Don’t say “ugh. I knew them from before!”

I will return tomorrow with some more idioms. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions or questions for me then please leave your comments.

Take care!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...