Sunday, September 28, 2008

Today's Idioms

***

Hi chums - hope you all would be cheerful as usual. Any dates? Tell me, tell me!

Alright, as today we’ll learn the usage of three idioms, so let’s start off. We’ll gossip afterwards. Here we go!

1. Of two minds (about something): When you cannot make up your mind in choosing what to do. I am of two minds whether to holiday in Vienna or Paris. Both the places are charming me! I got offers from both the firms, now I am of two minds which one to opt for.

2. Fiddle while Rome burns: Waste time or Enjoy when important matters are left unattended. Education system of this country is worsening but, alas, the politicians are fiddling while the Rome burns.

3. For a song: At a very low price. Tom was looking handsome in that blue coat but he got it for a song.

These were today’s idioms. I hope you found them interesting. Play them. I’ll return tomorrow with new idioms.

Regards

Shadab

1 comment:

~white shadow~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...