Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today's Idioms

***
Hi friends, happy time!

I guess you all would have had your lunch. What was it? Something yummy? Don’t tell to anybody I’m a very greedy chap. My mouth waters a lot when I think of anything zesty. Oh, I’m afraid I’m chattering a lot. So let’s talk business.

Today’s idioms

1. Take a pot shot: To suddenly find a fault with someone. My mommy was praising me but seeing a cigarette in my pocket, she took a pot shot at me.

2. Be writ large (this is formal): To be very clear. John told me that when Tim was caught steeling, shame was writ large on his face.

3. Shore up something: To strengthen something by giving support. Last hurricane weakened our building, so our landlord had to shore up the pillars and walls to make it safe again. Rahul is trying his best to shore up his party’s popularity by delivering eloquent speeches.

These were today’s idioms. How bad were they? You can key in your suggestions in the comment box. Now will return tomorrow, till then

Loafer on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...