Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today's Idioms

***

Hi friends, today I’m feeling especially cheerful because it’s raining here! How is it in your cities? If it is as romantic as here it is, then are you going for a date? I’m afraid - your parents will say that I’m a bad influence! Better, I must shut up.

Today’s idioms

1. Be in the air: (a) - If a sensation especially happiness, is in the air, everyone feels it at the same time. At the church the excitement was in the air when after undergoing so many hardships Dorothy and John got married. (b) - Anything about to happen. It’s the beginning of October - so the season of cozying up - winters is in the air.

2. Sweep someone off their feet: If someone sweeps you off your feet, you suddenly go passionately in love with him. I was swept off my feet when Thomas, innocently and misty-eyed, came to propose me.

3. A breath of fresh air: Anyone or anything which is apart from others and new and makes everything lovelier. Humble and unexposed to the corrupt world as she was, she really appeared a breath of fresh air to me.

So these were today’s idioms. I jelled them with the weather. Will return tomorrow … and yes I don’t see your comments. What’s going on?

Regards

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...