Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Plan for Learning English

New Plan for Learning English

It is encouraging to learn that for some of you this blog is commendable. I feel deeply honoured when you tell me that reading my posts is beneficial and joyous for you. Adding to my joy, some visitors have found this blog so interesting that they have read all the posts just in a time span of two or three days.

But, I feel that, only skimming over the posts of this blog would not yield very good results. In order to excel at your communication, it is imperative that you all should put in a little more effort.

Therefore, I am planning to start giving assignments to all the readers of this blog. Your job would be to make your own sentences using the words, idioms and combinations of words I have provided and will provide here. In the comment boxes of my blog, I will review your assignments and whatever errors I will spot, I will point them out.

You might feel embarrassed if I openly pointed out your errors, so don’t reveal your identity. Click “Comments” and keep on hitting (R) - you will see a radio button “Anonymous” - check this button and post your assignments.

I am confident that learning in this novel fashion would be very interesting. First I will publish your posts and then my responses will ensue.

What do you think? Is my idea fine or should I add anything in this?

Postscript: The English classes will continue.

1 comment:

Amar Jain said...

Hi!

The idea of giving assignments to readers is very good. So, go ahead!

Here is my today's assignment. Correction?


1. "Take a pot shot": To suddenly find a fault with someone.


The distributor of Jaws was telling that the pronounciation of Hindi Jaws is very good but when I typed some words in Hindi just for testing, I found that the pronounciation of "," in Hindi Jaws was wrong. So, I took pot shot at him.


2. "Be writ large" (this is formal): To be very clear.


I instructed the dealer before giving the franchisee that you will have to be writ large with regard to the pricing policy of the company.


3. "Shore up something": To strengthen something by giving support.


"The Employees Insurance Scheme" is the way to shore up the workers's working.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...