Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today's Idioms

***

Good morning. Because my teacher Mrs Robinson told me that we should never begin a sentence with “because”, because, “because” is a conjunction, so I left beginning the sentences with “because” and then I stopped obeying her. Because you see, some junior school rules should not be carried on for ever.

Because today after a long time we are here to learn the idioms, so I am happy and eager to learn them.

Today’s idioms

1. Muddy the waters: to make the problem more confusing and difficult to understand. Arushi murder case brought disgrace to the police because instead of solving it, they muddied the waters.

2. A strong stomach: the capability to watch very brutal and horrific scenes without being disturbed or upset. With lawlessness rampant all over the world, you need to have a strong stomach to watch the news channels.

3. Blot out something: To do something in order to change your attention from anything which disturbs you. I drank a fresh cup of tea so as to blot out the unpleasantness of the fight.

Please learn these idioms by heart by using them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...