Saturday, October 4, 2008

Today's Idioms.

***

Howdy,

I presume that some of you would be waiting for me to post the writing and speaking tips I promised to. Please bear with me, I will post them in the very near future. Importantly, those tips would be fresh - unlike the bromide tips which are coming from the age of Methuselah. You might enjoy reading them.

In the meantime, please go through these idioms and stamp them in your minds.

Let me confess to you that the words I use here is an attempt to boost your vocabulary. I hope you make the best use of it by jotting them down anywhere.

Today’s idioms

1. Last-ditch attempt: An attempt which would be the final since many attempts have already failed to solve the problem. I tried convincing him several times, but he isn’t believing me - today will be my last-ditch attempt.

2. The cut and thrust of something: An energetic debate, discussion or activity. When journalists like Rajdeep Sardesai host a show, everyone enjoys the cut and thrust of argument.

3. A pep talk: An encouraging speech delivered to cheer up people to do hard work or to defeat the opponents. Hitler was a matchless orator - his pep talks enthused the Germans.

Well, these were the idioms I brought for you. Were they interesting? No? Do respond.

Cheers

2 comments:

Admin said...

Hi nice stuff...
liked...
keep it up...
thanks....

Unknown said...

It is highly benefitial-
keep it up!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...