Saturday, October 4, 2008

Today's Idioms (October 5, 2008)

***

Hi Friends

A very cheerful morning.

Today I am very happy because you are writing to tell me that this blog is useful and you enjoy reading it. Mr Bhavesh Dhanack from Dubai, Ms Vejia Lakshmi from Bangalore, Dr Saima Faridi and Mr Anand Sharma from Delhi are a few who have encouraged me a lot by being regular visitors of this blog. Keep on dashing off your comments whether on this blog or privately!

My special thanks also to Mr Akhil - a blogger
http:// freestuff4indians.blogspot.com who told me several points about blogging.

Oh, let me begin otherwise you will say I talk a lot, boy!

Today’s idioms

1. A prima donna: Someone who desires to be treated with a lot of attention and isn’t easily happy with anything. Come on guys let’s push off because these girls are real prima donnas.

2. Meet your Waterloo: A person meets his Waterloo when, after being victorious in the past, is defeated by a more powerful man or is overpowered by a problem which is very difficult for him to tackle. Triple H was fighting good but as The Great Khali arrived he met his Waterloo. I don’t think that being a breadwinner and continuing my education at the same time will make me meet my Waterloo.

3. On the dot: Punctually. I had to reach my school at 6:55 am on the dot because delay even of a minute meant a proper thrashing from the prefects.

Off with the idioms.

Let me again tell you that I am deeply honoured to read your comments - they are the loveliest words I read for long, so thank you very much, with best wishes, Shadab Husain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work

Anonymous said...

Hi Shadab,

Your work is very good, I really like the improving writing skills.

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...