Friday, October 3, 2008

Today's idioms

Hi Friends,

As it was Eid, my friends and I traipsed around the city the whole night, and ate a lot - so am feeling very lazy and dull. So let’s quickly learn today’s idioms.

1. Not give/care a toss (this is British and informal): To not be bothered about something or someone. I clarified the misconceptions he had for me, now I don’t give a toss to what he assumes. I don’t care a toss about what others think about me: I do what I feel is true - and I do it in my own fashioning.

2. That Monday morning feeling ( this is informal): If you get that Monday morning feeling, you feel sad that the weekend is over and you have to work. Today I’m pretty dull, but it isn’t an issue for it’s just that Monday morning feeling.

3. From/since the year dot: Since a very long period of time. Somalia is notorious for pirates since the year dot.

These were today’s idioms. Am going. Catching on with sleep!

Regards

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...