Sunday, October 5, 2008

Today's Idioms (October 6, 2008)

***

Hi Friends!

Yesterday my aunt called me so I went to her house after two years. As I was on a bunk, she scolded me a lot and said she will fix me with one of the girls as if it were a punishment. I said “please do it pronto!”

I have jumped back to vomit out some new idioms. Here they run!

1. A sea change (this is literary): A total change. The explosion of internet has brought a sea change in all the enterprises over the world.

2. Pep up anything or anybody: to add more activity or cheerfulness. John is confident that keeping a positive outlook he will pep up his website’s popularity in the near future. We were having a pretty good time at the picnic, but the arrival of our sir really pepped us up.

3. On automatic pilot (this is informal): When you do anything on automatic pilot, it means you are very efficient at it, and can do it effortlessly, because you have been doing it for long and have gained mastery over it. John started hacking email accounts of others several years back and now he can do it on automatic pilot.

Here slips

Shadab

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont write on topik you donot kno especially in public donkey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...