Sunday, October 19, 2008

Free English Learning

Free English Learning

Today’s tip is to write. They say, “I don’t have anything to write.” Tell them, “Write that you don’t have anything to write.”

It is impossible that you cannot find anything to write. I go on writing several pages and my fingers give up yet the ideas keep on gushing.

Have you ever tried writing your daily happenings? You might enjoy it. Don’t care a toss about style or grammatical errors just develop the habit of penning your thoughts and write for yourself. You will find your writing is your companion. How lovely would it be, I really cannot tell.

I am craving to write a lot more here, but I have to kill my desire - as your time is important.

Words of the day

Lynch v. illegally killing anyone, especially by a group. In America, the blacks were being often lynched if they crossed the limits set by the whites.

Circumvent: v. To surround, enclose or entrap. The police properly circumvented the thieves which was the chief cause behind that successful operation.

Twaddle: verb and noun. Useless, foolish talk, chatter. Twaddling is an obstacle for success. George’s speech was a twaddle.

Idioms of the day

A pipe dream: A plan or an idea which would never happen as it is impossible. Curbing carbon emission without resorting to simplicity and recycling is a pipe dream.

Cross swords with someone: To argue with someone. If people of two ideologies come together it is more likely that the swords will be crossed.

A bolt from the blue: Any event which surprises you because it was unexpected. The polls were showing that the Conservatives will win the elections, so victory of the Liberals was a clear bolt from the blue for me.

Combinations of words

World of fantasy: You are not going to become a feature writer overnight, come out from your world of fantasy and live in reality.

Unrequited love (unrequited = adj. unreturned, one-sided): Patiently bearing unrequited love makes us more human.

Distinctness of vision (distinctness = adj. clearness): As most of the political parties have their own media, the person who has distinctness of vision will only get to the truth.

Well, I hope that you will write everyday - let it be only for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i m sure now that you are a rat.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...