Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Plan for Improving English

***

Plan for Improving English

On this blog I have provided several idioms and intentionally used some words so that it could add to your vocabulary. In addition, I wrote an essay outlining how can you begin writing and how to get mastery over this art, which, I dare to hope, you would have found useful.

From today, I will try to make learning more intelligible and interesting. I will change the pattern of learning English by employing myself at a bit deeper study - which is of words, idioms and combination of words. It requires no effort of thinking that this study will quickly implant confidence in you, and remember, it is this confidence which lies at the heart of a crisp and impressive communication.

The aim of all the writers and speakers is to attract the audience and be understood. Correct phrasing and the ability of best suiting the words to the thought implies perfection and beauty. A fine, clear diction touches the heart and enlivens the soul and offers you the satisfaction which you regard above all the joys.

It must not be supposed that learning English is going to become difficult or dull. On the contrary, the real taste, beauty, delicacy and charm of this language would delight you more than you can ever think.

Let me disclose that I started learning English a little before three years. Now, whatever I write and speak, it is due to the easiness and joy which was offered by this language to me. Workshy as I am, I never walked on the old difficult path, instead, I made an easy path of my own.

My humble effort goes - a signpost showing you the right path of clearly and fluently expressing yourself. I am confident that my effort will yield fruitful results.

Meaning of some words used above:

Crisp: adj. Marked by clarity, exactness and liveliness.

Diction: n. 1. Choice and use of words in speech or writing. 2. Degree of clarity and distinctness of pronunciation in speech.

Enliven: v. To make lively.

Delicacy: n. 1. Something pleasing and appealing. 2. Fineness of appearance, construction, or execution.

Workshy or work-shy: adjective not inclined to work; lazy.

Signpost: n. An indication, sign or guide.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...